Wednesday, December 30, 2009

3 X 3 Table of Vinyl (or, Flipping & Flipping & Flipping at Antone's)

Stop #2 on my tour of Texas record stores was Antone's Record Shop in Austin, TX. With the best vinyl collection of blues, Cajun, rockabilly, funk, classic country, Texas music, etc. for many a mile, I could have spent a small fortune. I tried to restrain myself and in the end only picked up 9 records:


[Click on the picture to see higher resolution.]

While I had about 18 albums in the "to be considered pile", I chopped the acquisition list down to 9 to stay within budgetary constraints. I purchased 7 country albums, a mid-70's Dayton, OH funk record, and a new, sealed mid-period Zevon album (from upper left to lower right):

1. Faron Young – Here’s Faron Young (1968)
2. Ohio Players – Fire (1975)
3. Red Sovine – Teddy Bear (1976)
4. Hank Snow – I’ve Been Everywhere (1963)
5. Ferlin Husky – One More Time (1971)
6. Bobby Bare – Sleeper Wherever I Fall (1978)
7. Warren Zevon – Sentimental Hygiene (1987)
8. Bill Anderson – Don’t She Look Good (1973)
9. Bobby Bare – (Margie’s at) the Lincoln Park Inn (1969)

It will be fun to drop the needle on each of these upon our return home.

No comments:

Post a Comment