Thursday, December 24, 2009

"Jams, Mofo" Book Club Vol. 1 Selections (or, Read Out the Jams, Mofo!)

Kicking Out the Jams, Mofo is interested in starting a music-related book club. While perusing the aisles of a local bookstore last evening, I found 6 music-related books that I have not read as of yet, but that would make perfect selections for the inagural meetings of the club. Here is what I purchased (click on the links to access amazon.com's new and used availability):



A biography of Warren Zevon.



A biography of Hank Williams.



Merle Haggard's autobiography.



The collected interviews of Tom Waits.



A biography of Townes Van Zandt.




Heylin's followup book to From the Velvets to the Voidoids.

I think that I will just go ahead and read these in the order listed.  Pick yourself up some copies and join the Jams, Mofo book club... We'll talk about the Zevon book in mid-January.

No comments:

Post a Comment